Friday, December 01, 2006

To Bidet or not to Bidet in the Barbie Dream House.

Yesterday, Before driving over to the construction site of our new home, we had an appointment with the building construction manager to discuss of all things---showers and toilets. The meeting went great, and we left with literally a crate full of oversized catalogs to choose from.

starcktoilets

My favorite PHILIPPE STARCK toilet.

I hate to admit it, but for me, this part of the process vaguely ressembles the many hours of labor that went into rearranging an decorating my Barbie Dreamhouse when I was 6 years old. Funny. Barbie always seemed to have the cutest handbags, but never seemed to have to pay for anything in that Dream House.

barbiebling

Wait. What did Barbie do for a living again? I'm skeerd to guess.

Anyway-the biggest news of the week of course is:

We have walls!

building1



As of last week, the foundation of the building was officially finished. We watched with glee as the construction workers did, whatever it is they do with all of those huge noisy trucks.

crane

Hard hats were worn, cement was poured, and fun was had by all in spite of the typically dreary French winter weather. The site still looks like a big old sloppy dirt mess, but at least now there are walls! It's almost a first floor!

dlooking

FrenchBoy went into the site for a closer look while I snapped a few shots of the guys working before the cold weather made it impossible to properly use my fingers. Also-- Cranes scare me and so do loud noises, so I just tried to stay out of the way.

building2


As you can see from the sign, the mess and construction is slated to last untill June 30th 2007! Everyone keep your fingers crossed that this means we will be all moved in by the end of August!

sign

No comments: