Stuff I hate about New York:
Your ass might get shot...by a gun painted in a stylish color.
Guns or no guns, my trip to the great state of New York was fabulous. It was the perfect balance of city and country. I arrived at JFK, caught a taxi to Prospect Heights, and was then promptly whisked off to a roof-top wine tasting party in Manhattan. That does not suck.
Anyway I did so much stuff that I don’t wanna bore you with so I’ll skip to the highlights:
1. Wine and cheese at Balthazar’s with my partner in art-world domination. Followed by a performance by Carolee Schneeman at Location One. Yes that Carolee Schneeman.
2. Bought my favorite OPI nail polish colors: Big Apple Red and Midnight in Moscow
3. New running shoes!
4. Free tickets to see “Fela” on Broadway. So good I got goosebumps.
5. Two Hour lunch at Old Homestead SteakHouse.
6. Girlfriend Gallery hopping meet-up in Chelsea.
7. Complimentary Dinner at Maze by Gordon Ramsay at The London, followed by a tour of the kitchen.
Dude I was in Gordon Ramsey’s kitchen! (And no he wasn’t there… which is kinda fine with me cuz let’s face it---he’s a scary man.)
All that and I haven’t even told you about the week I spent upstate.
To Be Continued…