Thursday, March 06, 2008

Work. Work. Work!

For those of you that may be worried by my fairly infrequent blogging lately, I just want to assure you that all is fine. I’m not about to stop posting, I’m just up to my eyeballs in work right now. I’m busy, but good busy!

Next month I’m showing a bunch of new paintings in a huge regional Art Fair (nevermind the fact that the paintings don’t technically exist yet), and within the next two weeks I have to finish a small edition of hand-made Artist Books for “Carnival” the New York Foundation for the Arts 2008 Spring Benefit.






Now, I knew I had all this work coming up, so I scheduled last week to be a sort of “in-home” vacation to relax a bit before the insanity began, but wouldn’t you know it, the over-achieving workaholic in me worked right through it. And good thing I did because if I had just planted my ass in front of my flat-screen for a week I would be even more buried under work than I am now!

*trying not to hyperventilate*

Ok, sorry. I’m calm now.

Anyway, So cuz of all that I don’t have any ridiculously funny antics to share with you, but instead I bring you….adorable baby pictures of my nephew Landyn because he's so cute it actually hurts me a little to look at him.






OK, enough of that. Back to work! Chop Chop!

5 comments:

screamish said...

Busy looks like good busy...I'm curious, how did you manage to make so many connections with people in the art world after you arrived? You seem a natural...

Madame K said...

Screamish- To answer your question in short---the internet. If I want to know someone because I like their work or the organization they work for, I cyber stalk them, then hunt them down so I can introduce myself. (Being an extrovert comes in handy in my line of work.)

Most of my art connections come from relationships I've developed over the years with other like-minded artists.

It really is all about who you know.

Megan said...

Cute baby.

And what are artist books?

Anonymous said...

Looks good (the books I mean, and the baby is cute, not one of those ugly babies we talked about). I could see you making album art actually! If I magically start another band and we magically become famous I'll get you to do our artwork!

Madame K said...

lol@ Le tigre. Start a band! Do it! I'll play the cowbell!

Megan- Basically an Artist Book is art in the form of a book. Ok wikipedia explains it better than me:

"Artists' books (also called bookworks) are works of art realized in the form of a book. They are usually published in small editions, though sometimes they are one-of-a-kind objects. Artists' books have employed a wide range of forms, including scrolls, fold-outs or loose items contained in a box."

Does that help?