Monday, July 07, 2008

Double Exposure.

So in all my excitement about San Francisco I forgot to blog about the reason I went there in the first place. Here are the photos from the MoAD Double Exposure opening events. (If you want to see the entire set on flickr click here.)

'MoAD

Opening Party2

Opening Party1


MoAD is great, the opening events were fantastic, and the show itself was a huge hit. I had so much fun and met so many genuinely interested and interesting people. My head was spinning. Also Sunday afternoon I was on the artist panel, lead by artist Carla Williams, and I managed to not sound like a bumbling idiot. For me that made the whole trip a success.

'MoAD

The best part of course was meeting the other artists and finally having the chance to meet Lisa Henry the curator of the exhibit after having talked to her only by phone for the last....year.


'MoAD



'MoAD

MoAD Gallery View


So hip-hip hurray. My two pieces are on loan to the exhibit until 2011. Better to have the work out in the world on an extended loan than on permanent storage in my studio while waiting for a buyer. So here’s to hoping that the show gets picked up by a few more museums and perhaps even that date gets extended!

1 comment:

Lenoxave said...

Wow! Congratulations. You are a woman in demand. Since I'm in San Francisco, I'll need to stop by and see your work up close and personal.