Monday, December 22, 2008

My 100 Things.

I love these little getting to know you posts so I stole this one right off the pages of my artist pal's blog. The idea is to highlight the stuff you've done.

1. Started your own blog. (I have 3 or 4 actually.)

2. Slept under the stars.


3. Played in a band (I played clarinette until I was 15 years old.)


4. Visited Hawaii. (No, but I had a friend who was on teh 'Real World' Hawaii.)


5. Watched a meteor shower.


6. Given more than you can afford to charity.

7. Been to Disneyland






8. Climbed a mountain ( FrenchBoy forced me to send 2 days hiking around the volcanoes around Puy de Dôme and I'm glad he did. On the way up we got caught in a swarmed by a flock of sheep wearing cowbell necklaces which filled the entire side of the mountain with windchime music, at the lip of the dome I saw a dude wearing an 'Iowa State' sweatshirt, and then we hiked down into the crater where huge boulders of lava rock only weight 5 kilos. It was mad cool!)

9. Held a praying mantis. (Not gonna happen. Ever.)

10. Sang a solo.

11. Bungee jumped.

12. Visited Paris.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.

15. Adopted a child.

16. Had food poisoning

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. (Does ridign past it 10 times a week for 2 years on the Staten Island Ferry count?)

18. Grown your own vegetables.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.

20. Slept on an overnight train.

21. Had a pillow fight. ( I have 2 younger brothers who I used to beat the crap out of on a regular basis. I'm sure at one point pillow abuse was involved.)

22. Hitch hiked. (Shhh, don't tell my mom.)

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.

24. Built a snow fort. (Dude, I grew up in Iowa. I can build you damn near anything in snow. Forts are for ameteurs.)

25. Held a lamb. (but I've eaten many.)

26. Gone skinny dipping. (Never. And I'm not just saying this because I know my mom is reading.)

27. Run a Marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (150 euros an hour? No thanks.)

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.

31. Hit a home run.

32. Been on a cruise. (From New York to Bermuda. It was Awesome.)

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (Which ancestors? There are so many?)

Amish_Buggie_sign


35. Seen an Amish community. (Again, I'm from Iowa so that's a big yes. I even ate dinner once at the Amana Colonies. Is it just me or is it funny when Amish people have websites?)

36. Taught yourself a new language. (No , but I'm thinking of creating my own.)

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo's David (totally hot!)

41. Sung karoke. (Yeah. I vaguely remember singing one line of a Melissa Etheridge song in a bar in the West Village before being dragged out and thrown into a cab.)

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. (I'm not going all the way to Yellow Stne National Park to see hot water shoot out of a hoel in teh ground. Bite me.)


43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa. (I went to Tunisia and hated it. But technically it's Africa , so yeah.)

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance (But I was just tagging along with someone else.)

47. Had your portrait painted

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris


51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (Snorkeling. And I saw a sea monster and nearly had a heart attack. Really!)

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business (several.)

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout cookies ( I think I was a registered girlscout until I was like 18.)



62. Gone whale dolphin watching. (Taking a private Dolphin watching kyaking lesson is WAY cooler than being on a big ass boat with a bunch of people and hoping to see a whale rom afar. Also, Dolphins are smaller, but scary as hell!)

63. Got flowers for no reason (I used to buy a bunch of flowers every Sunday mornign and then I got bored with it. Also, once my mom had a bouquet of flowers delivered to me at school for no apparent reason. It was very cool.)

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (I had my Barbie Dream House until I was in highschool I think.)

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (Very lame Jr. Highschool trip.)

71. Eaten Caviar

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square (....everyday for almost 3 years. My gradschool art studio was on 41st street, so naturally I spent alot of time at the 42nd street Times Square subway station.)

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London. (Not so impressive)

77. Broken a bone

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (My mom's boyfriend once took me to school on his motorcycle when I was in 2nd grade. I was both terrified and embarrassed.)

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car (see this post)

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper (Just last week in fact.)

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

88. Had chickenpox

89. Saved someone’s life

90. Sat on a jury

footloose3


91. Met someone famous (Like every New Yorker, I met Kevin Bacon TWICE in Central Park while he was walking his dog.)

92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one

94. Had a baby

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a lawsuit

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee

100. Read an entire book in one day



Ok, you're turn.

5 comments:

Shanster said...

I did mine. wow. Took a long time... brought back some funny memories for sure!! Thanks!

raynaae said...

I'm sure you've taught yourself an art from scratch...think hard. lol

Cherise said...

Love it. I'm going to try to finish this.
LOL about the Amish website

kwerekwere said...

http://lindito.livejournal.com/149432.html

i posted on my "fun" page, and not my politics and travel page.

i went to high school and college in central pennsylvania... i so get the iowa references, let me tell you.

Madame K said...

*trying to think if I taught myself an art from scratch this year*