I love these little getting to know you posts so I stole this one right off the pages of my artist pal's blog. The idea is to highlight the stuff you've done.
1. Started your own blog. (I have 3 or 4 actually.)
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band (I played clarinette until I was 15 years old.)
4. Visited Hawaii. (No, but I had a friend who was on teh 'Real World' Hawaii.)
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain ( FrenchBoy forced me to send 2 days hiking around the volcanoes around Puy de Dôme and I'm glad he did. On the way up we got caught in a swarmed by a flock of sheep wearing cowbell necklaces which filled the entire side of the mountain with windchime music, at the lip of the dome I saw a dude wearing an 'Iowa State' sweatshirt, and then we hiked down into the crater where huge boulders of lava rock only weight 5 kilos. It was mad cool!)
9. Held a praying mantis. (Not gonna happen. Ever.)
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. (Does ridign past it 10 times a week for 2 years on the Staten Island Ferry count?)
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight. ( I have 2 younger brothers who I used to beat the crap out of on a regular basis. I'm sure at one point pillow abuse was involved.)
22. Hitch hiked. (Shhh, don't tell my mom.)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort. (Dude, I grew up in Iowa. I can build you damn near anything in snow. Forts are for ameteurs.)
25. Held a lamb. (but I've eaten many.)
26. Gone skinny dipping. (Never. And I'm not just saying this because I know my mom is reading.)
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (150 euros an hour? No thanks.)
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. (From New York to Bermuda. It was Awesome.)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (Which ancestors? There are so many?)
35. Seen an Amish community. (Again, I'm from Iowa so that's a big yes. I even ate dinner once at the Amana Colonies. Is it just me or is it funny when Amish people have websites?)
36. Taught yourself a new language. (No , but I'm thinking of creating my own.)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David (totally hot!)
41. Sung karoke. (Yeah. I vaguely remember singing one line of a Melissa Etheridge song in a bar in the West Village before being dragged out and thrown into a cab.)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. (I'm not going all the way to Yellow Stne National Park to see hot water shoot out of a hoel in teh ground. Bite me.)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa. (I went to Tunisia and hated it. But technically it's Africa , so yeah.)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance (But I was just tagging along with someone else.)
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (Snorkeling. And I saw a sea monster and nearly had a heart attack. Really!)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business (several.)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies ( I think I was a registered girlscout until I was like 18.)
whale dolphin watching. (Taking a private Dolphin watching kyaking lesson is WAY cooler than being on a big ass boat with a bunch of people and hoping to see a whale rom afar. Also, Dolphins are smaller, but scary as hell!)
63. Got flowers for no reason (I used to buy a bunch of flowers every Sunday mornign and then I got bored with it. Also, once my mom had a bouquet of flowers delivered to me at school for no apparent reason. It was very cool.)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (I had my Barbie Dream House until I was in highschool I think.)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (Very lame Jr. Highschool trip.)
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square (....everyday for almost 3 years. My gradschool art studio was on 41st street, so naturally I spent alot of time at the 42nd street Times Square subway station.)
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London. (Not so impressive)
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (My mom's boyfriend once took me to school on his motorcycle when I was in 2nd grade. I was both terrified and embarrassed.)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car (see this post)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (Just last week in fact.)
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (Like every New Yorker, I met Kevin Bacon TWICE in Central Park while he was walking his dog.)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
Ok, you're turn.