Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Diet Sabotage.



The only thing harder than sticking to good eating habits during vacation, is sticking to your good eating habits when your mum comes to visit. For me eating has always been a social/celebratory event. So having invited guests for a stay is absolutel and utter diet sabotage for me.



Also since she doesn't get to France often, I feel obliged to treat her to delightful french meals complete with champagne, a 3 course menu, 2 types of wine, followed by a buttery/creamy dessert.






This week I'm going to try to control myself and me mum. Otherwise I'm afraid we'll both end up a total of 20 lbs. heavier by the end of the week.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You treat your Mom right! Don't starve her too much or she'll never come back! Whenever I have guests, I always wind up gaining weight. That's France for you.

Lucky you to have your Mom visiting. Good luck with your cabin fever.

Madame K said...

lol@ Dedene- Apparently I'm being a very good host. Mum just said "Your house is the best hotel ever!"

Unknown said...

I've been told that the French women do not stay thin isn't because they don't indulge in the rich, decadent French cuisine, but because for a few days before and a few days after, they are very careful about what they eat. So take your mom out and enjoy a wonderful French meal, just pay it for it before (light, healthy breakfast and lunch), and remember that the goal is to enjoy the meal, not to be so stuffed that you have to be rolled home. Bon Appetit!

Shanster said...

Oh she HAS to have the French food and the wine... definately the wine. (I'm drooling over here!)

Oh - from your last post, she has seen your new gallery hasn't she?

And what about doing a wine tasting? Line up a bunch of different wines from your fave chateau? That can be done indoors... Or lock yourselves inside with lots of different, fabulous French chocolate desserts and a bunch of ports!

Oh - yeah. That wouldn't be helping your diet would it?

BlackGirl said...

Your mom's a fox! Hope we look as good as our Mamas at their age.

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Yummy, yummy, that looks scrumptious..!
I agree with Blackgirl above re. your mum's looks..:)

Keith said...

The food looks delicious. I don't blame you for treating your mother well. I just came across your blog. This is my first comment here. It looks incredible. I went to Europe back in the year 2000 on a month long trip. I was in Paris and Nice. I loved it. Great blog. I definitely plan to come back again soon. Cheers!

M said...

Wow, the meal looks fabulous! You must have gotten most/all of your features from your mum.