Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Meet Me in NYC.


Part of the reason I've been so AWOL from blogging is that instead of having fancy lunches and taking photos of all the glorious French food I've been eating, I've been planning this 6 week art event.  The whole project only lasts 6 weeks, but it took my business partner and I the better part of a YEAR to plan, organize, and fundraise for this baby.

And now that I'm in NYC, of course, every day of the week is moving at absolute lightspeed x 10.  I have appointments and places to be, I forget to eat meals, and half the time I don't know what day of the week it is.

Good Stuff!

I'm an experience and intensity junkie, so this is my sweet- spot.  Sure I miss France, but I've barely had time to think about it.

Art has officially taken over my life, but that doesn't mean we can't still be friends!

How many of you live in the NYC area?  I'd LOVE to meet y'all.  Why don't you find a way to make it to our next gallery opening?  It's not every day that I make it to NYC, or to the US for that matter. Plus my gallery throws the best openings in town.

A few sexy pics from the opening of Please Standy By: new work by artists Stacia Yeapanis and Readymade777.













 
Couldn’t make it to last week’s opening?  No Problem!  Come to the next one:




Violently Happy: New work by Jacqueline Norheim and Cara Lynn Kleid.
October  6 -12, 2011

Opening Reception: Thursday October 6th,  from 6-8 PM.

Baang and Burne Contemporary Art
547 W 27th Street suite 309 (3rd floor)
Btwn 10th & 11th Ave.
New York City

Be there or be square.

Seriously.  All the cool kids are doing it.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on a successful show! By the looks of your previous opening I'd say you're off to a great start, and that's the most encouraging things in the world.

By the by, since art has taken over your life I thought you might know a couple people interested in a residency in Paris. A webzine I used to write for has started a rotating program. Only includes housing and venue and the deadline is October 19th, but perhaps you know someone raring to go.

http://mysocalledlifeinfrance.blogspot.com/2011/10/meet-me-in-nyc.html

K said...

You'll have to call me rubik. I wish I could be there but I'm all the way in SoCal. Will there be pics? Knock there socks off, Madame.:)
Peace