Saturday, September 24, 2005

France: Not all it's cracked up to be.


Let's get one thing straight: I can complain about the French because I live in France and speak the language. You cannot complain about the French if you do neither of these things. If you do it just makes YOU look stupid as sin.

Secondly--the French are annoying---but I think I'm so hard on them because I had such high expectations of them to begin with. When I first moved to France, I thought they were all progressive and cool and forward thinking, blah blah blah. Now I realize they are just like the average dumb American---No better, no worse. They're just fucked up in different ways. So now I'm let down & pissed off. And I have no one to blame but myself and my own naivety.
But at least the food is good!

3 comments:

angela said...

I'm British and living in France and I agree with what you say totally. In the end people are just people.

islandgirl4ever2 said...

I sooo agree with you... I am glad I have made friends with very smart and worldly French people... The rest of them are all idiots... ignornant, closed-minded and I think just as dumb as the average dumb American.. but here they scowl as the walk past you.. Damn, they don't smile for BEANS!! I'm from So. Cali and grew up in Hollyweird.. people are pretty messed up there, too.. Thank GOD, my French hub is just like me... He doesn't like the French "cons/connes" either... (I do live here and speak French, as well)...

Karin B (Looking for Ballast) said...

Hi! I am Karin and I have been enjoying your blog (courtesy of someone's blogroll -- no idea whose! I was surfing the Blogs On/About France links on sites today, lol).

I was having so much fun reading I came back to this very first blog. What an excellent way to start a blog on France/Paris! :D

I will have lived here 18 months in about three days. My French still sucks, but whaddaya expect from a girl that is over 40 now, eh? I am working on it. So anyway, I decided I would chime in and say, yup, fucked up is fucked up, and we human beings pretty much are that way! :D

I've got you in Google Reader now, so I hope to stalk your blog some more in the future. Thanks for the laughs I got today, though. :)

BTW, I have not read ahead to find out, but is your ass okay now, four years later? I hope so! :)

ParisKarin