Sunday, March 04, 2007

Where Are You?

Over the past 2 weeks or so I've been swamped. I have alot on my plate and my cup runneth over:

1. A friend of friend of a friend managed to mention my work to a man who runs a gallery in Luxembourg and I was subsequently invited to be in an exposition which is scheduled for June. We haven't yet decided which works or how many will be in the show, but I will keep you posted on the progress.

palemoonlight

In the meantime I'm busting my ass to get as much work as possible done before the show so I can really choose my "best of the best" for my first show in Europe. But I haven't been able to get as much work done as I want because...

2. I have this side business ya see. I paint these little decorative paintings and I sell them online and by word of mouth.

decorativepainting

They're small and relatively low priced, and they take less time and thought. Quite frankly they aren't the type of art I'd hang in my own home, but they sell like hot-cakes and they're paying off my student loans, so I can't really afford to diss them. The only problem is that they take up a ton of time to photograph and put them up on the website. but I want to get as much "inventory" as possible finished this month because...

3. At the end of this month I will be leaving for the Vermont Studio Center!

vermont

I'll be an Artist-in-Residence the entire month of April, which means if I don't get work done in advance, I'll basically lose a month of sales. And that's just not OK. Uncle Sam wants his Benjamins, so I must deliver. On top of all this...

4. The Barbie Dream House is advancing by leaps and bounds. Get this--construction is not on schedule, but due to this being one of the warmest winters on record in France, the building is ahead of schedule.

bdhlevel3

So much so that we had to choose our electrical plan for the 1st floor weeks before we were ready. Next week they build our floor. By the end of March we should be able to actually walk inside our apartment. This makes me smile alot.

So that's where I'm at folks. I'm exhausted. I'm going to take a nap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so, that painting on the top? LOVE IT. When can I buy one! Do I need to go to Lux? -- Joke

Anonymous said...

Love the artwork! LOVE IT! Congrats on landing your first show in Europe. That's awesome.

Cherise said...

You're quite the busy woman these days. Well done on the Artist-in-Residence gig and the new show too. Very cool! Love the painting in #1.

And can't wait to see the apt finished!

Cherise said...

You're quite the busy woman these days. Well done on the Artist-in-Residence gig and the new show too. Very cool! Love the painting in #1.

And can't wait to see the apt finished!