Friday, October 26, 2007

I don't wanna talk about it.

I read somewhere that moving into a new home is fairly near the top of the list of life's most stressful experiences. Yeah. No shit kidding. I cannot bring myself to talk about the staircase situation without flames shooting out of my mouth, so instead I bring you.
Photo dump-Random stuff on my camera:

Potée Lorraine

Potée Lorraine: a stew of smoked meats and sausages, with cabbage and root vegetables. I never thought I would say this but,Yum!

I knew all that Art School training would come in handy eventually. Here I present to you a lovely etcha-sketch drawing I did of a castle for Seb and Sandrine's son Mathis.

Art school

See mom, the 60Gs I spent on college was a solid investment.


Tabako restaurant in Luxembourg City.

Sushi

Decent sushi thats almost worth the second mortgage you have to take out on your home to pay for it.


The "Mac Do" across the street from our house. You can't really see because the photo is too dark, but the McDrive is packed with cars. Non-stop. Everyday.

Mac Do

So feel free to whip this little piece of ammunition out of your snappy come-back arsenal the next time a snotty Frog makes a joke about Americans and McDonalds. The Truth: The French are Happy Meal Whores.

Tarantino is back

About 8 million years ago we went to see "Death Proof". We loved it. We laughed so hard our tummies hurt, although no one else in the theatre seemed to understand why.



Papa Stitches

No construction site is complete without at least one injury. Last month French Father-in-law dropped a heavy ass floor tile on the back of his ankle. Four stitches. Yeah, I know it's blurry. Now shuddup.

Pickled eggs


And equally as gross as blurry stitches-- A bucket of pickled eggs. In May, David and I got lost driving around Lake Champlain in Vermont, I think. We had to stop and ask directions in this store and on their counter they sold pickled eggs....and pickled mystery meat. I asked if people actually bought them and two cashiers said "yeah!". I have only seen pickled eggs in movies so I just had to take a photo.

Now, I can honestly say, I have officially seen it all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Potée Lorraine sounds much more appetizing than the German "Schlachtplatte" - slaughter platter!

Travel said...

Potatoes Delux, with the chive dipping sauce, who wouldn't love McD's. I stopped in a McD's in Normandy when I was trying to get someplace one day in August. Oh my! And they serve beer and wine. And the people are so French! Packed with people who are French.
I can't wait to come back!

When we bought the house we are living in there was about 2 weeks work left to do, I worked for home builders for 15 years in Florida and had some idea of what was left to do. Four weeks later when we moved in there was still a weeks work to be done, I was not surprised in the least. I use to give a tool kit to homebuyers so that they could finish things up after they moved in.

DG

Cassoulet Cafe said...

RE: MacDo
I always tell my friends how crazy-obsessed French people are for MacDo.
I've been to many a Mickey D's in France during lunch hour. They can sure pack it in, too! (All the sides to go with the Beeg Mac)
:)
Breakfast there in France was great...OJ and coffee!

Anonymous said...

This was one of the funniest blog posts I've read in a while...I laughed aloud (literally). Though, not at the stitches. :0l

LOL at the prison on the etchasketch. Leave it to me to find that hilarious. :0l