Sunday, December 09, 2007

My So-called Blog.

Yeah. I haven't been blogging. *snort*


I think the whole moving thing really is alot more disorienting than I had realised. We've been in our new home three weeks now and I still can't manage to keep any type of schedule! This of course is disasterous for an organizational control freak like me. I mean, I can't even seem to wake up at a regular time each day. I've even cut back on the cocaine and the drinking and still I can't seem to get it together. Some days I'm up at 7AM and other days I manage to turn off my alarm in my sleep and then wake-up at 8:30AM completely disoriented.

I don't know what it's like where you live, but here it gets dark at 4:30PM and the sun comes up shortly before 8AM. Folks, that's a whole lot of night-time. I'm sure my disconbobulation is all related to my need for more sunlight hours, so Frenchboy is getting me this for Christmas:

Hopefully the fake early sunrise will help my brain chemicals or something. If not I will say f*ck it and become a vampire because as an early Christmas gift I bought myself this:

and this...


Laugh if you want to suckers, but vampires rock and at least when the weather is too cold to leave my house I won't be stuck watching dumb-ass French television. Seriously. You can die from watching the Dukes of Hazzard dubbed into French. Fatal I tell you. I meanb--these people still watch Starsky and Hutch for Christ's sake! Desperate times call for extreme measures, and thus---Buffy and Angel to the rescue.

Oh, Oh! And speaking of Christmas....

MY MOM IS COMING TO FRANCE FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!

Can you tell I'm excited?

In fact she's coming for Christmas AND New Years. I will have her for 2 whole weeks. And I think she may even be an ordained minister by the time she gets here.

That's right folks, that means that if you happen to be in our neck of the woods from Christmas Eve until the first week of January, she will be available for all your baptism, marriage, and exorcism needs. Plus she's really affordable. You can even pay her in champagne. (No Crémant accepted please.)


Oh Oh Oh and speaking of my family---my mom recently became a grandma for the second time. Look at this cute lil bugger.


His name is Landyn Antonio. Or as his father calls him: "L.A." And he's mad fly sitting in the "Boppy" I bought him. I want to send a special Thank You shout out to my youngest brother Tony for making this baby. Landyn's arrival assures that my mom will stop pestering me about when FrenchBoy and I will make an ungrateful little crumb-snatcher of our own.


Let's see what else. Christmas in Metz, yadda yadda yadda and a quick shot of the Christmas Carousel in Centreville. I want to get drunk on "vin chaud" and ride that thing!

With any luck I will talk French boy into riding on it with me later this evening if we go to the Christmas market. But chances are slim. He's a bit tuckered out from doing 6 holes of golf in the pouring rain this afternoon. (A+ for effort sweety. D- for timing.)

OH OH---yesterday I ate my first bûche de Noël . One down, only 49 more to go untill I reach my goal for this year of 50!


p.s. I was joking about the cocaine and the drinking. I would never cut back on my drinking.





8 comments:

Travel said...

Shock and laughter, you are very-very good. It sounds like you are rejoining the world of the living. Congratualtions on the nephew, they do distract Mom from the baby nagging for a while. I think my parents have finally given up on more grandchildren, after all thier baby is turning 50 this year.

Enjoy Mom's visit. I hope you don't need her for an exorcism (I hear that it is still in the ciriculm at some seminaries.)

David

Megan said...

First of all- I love Buffy and Angel. I have all of their DVD's too. I watched them in French to help me learn French. But usually, I prefer to watch films/tv in the original language (french or english).
Secondly- very cute baby.
Third- 50 buches this year? ugh. I can usually choke down one.

Geggie said...

Came across your blog a while back and I've been lurking. But babies make me delurk. Congrats on the new addition to the family.

BlondeInFrance said...

i need one of those artificial sunlight thingies too. i'm getting some serious winter blues since the one tiny window in my bedroom that faces a courtyard gives me about 45 seconds of sun everyday.

also, sorry to be redundant, but that is just the cutest baby!!

littleorangekitchen said...

Aghahaha!! I have to laugh at the bûche de Noël goal...don't sell yourself short...dream big and go for 75!

The second baby picture makes me smile...he looks so delighted.

Reb said...

can I borrow your mom for an exorcism?

Cherise said...

Hmmm, maybe we should make it over to Metz when we're in CH. We had a heck of a time getting Angelina baptized in the US! I think your mom would be cool :) Congrats on being an Auntie - what a cute little guy!

Madame K said...

David- Earlier this year while mom was in Jamaica she attended an excorcism of a location. She very much enjoyed it.

Reb, you can surely borrow her.

Hmmm, so far I've only made it to my 4th bouch. I may be defeated.

And yeah---my brother's kid is painfully adorable.