Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oh, I forgot to tell you. I finally went to Strasbourg!

For nearly 4 years I've been going on and on about how much I wanted to go back to Strasbourg. FrenchBoy and I visited briefly a few months before our marriage in order to meet with the French Consulate guy and get some sworn documents, but I really didn't get to see much of the city.



So, while my mom was here visiting for the holidays we jumped in the car, picked up Mademoiselle R on the way, and headed to Strasbourg for some sight-seeing. And it sure was purty!






In spite of the weather and a rather grumpy start to the day ("Why is the garage filled with water?"), we had a pretty fun little day trip.





Photo of the day taken just inside the cathedral:



I'm hoping to make it back during Les Soldes. They have great shopping there of course. And they have all the fancy high-end luxuryshops that Metz doesn't have.




(Probably due to all the rich Germans?) Most importantly, they have a MAC cosmetics store! If they would just open on in Metz, my life would be complete!



Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. Shallow as a kiddy pool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the German influence all around. So beautiful (I love that about Germany). And that church is astounding.

The Late Bloomer said...

I ADORE Strasbourg -- but I hate the climate! I went back to visit two Christmases ago (is that right?!). I finally got to visit the Christmas market, which wasn't all that it was cracked up to be, but I love the aesthetics of the city itself, the mix of French and German culture and architecture. It's definitely one of my favorite cities in France at this point -- again, aside from the cold! Brrrrr...