Sunday, January 13, 2008

Les Soldes!....again.

Yes it’s that time of year again---Les Soldes! In general I’m not much of a shopper since I work from my home and rarely have a need for new clothes, but FrenchBoy was desperately in need of new work clothes. Since he just started his fancy new job earlier this month, we decided to hit the sales to see what we could find.



In the end we hit the jackpot: A new suit, 8 shirts, 4 ties, 4 pairs of shoes, a new Lacoste belt, and even a shiny pair of cufflinks, in just a couple of hours. And did I mention we had a coupon for a 10% discount on top of the sales price? Lawdy I do love a discount! So let's total it all up shall we:

New cufflinks.......................................... 26 €

Belt.......................................................... 44 €

Mid shopping snack .............................. 16 €

Making the snotty, incompetant cashier lady at Galeries Lafayette accept your special coupon eventhough she desperately didn't want to.................Priceless!



After the shopping we tried to get in for sushi at the good restaurant, but since we didn’t think to make a reservation we ended up at another sushi restaurant which…was not so great. But even 80 euros of dinner regret couldn’t put a damper on our good shopping fortune.

So, I know a lot of you that read this blog are actually living in France----Just curious, what have you found at Les Soldes so far? Anything good? Details please!

2 comments:

Leah said...

A cute top at H&M for 12 euros...that I have my eye on, but have yet to buy. Otherwise, I got a simple black cardigan for 20 euros, which is not that great of a bargain, but the soldes have only just begun!

Anonymous said...

I bought some product at the Body shop. The almond collection was on sale, so I stocked up...also got some of those delicious body washes. I'm in heaven. :0)