Friday, August 06, 2010

Small NYC space needed. Finders fee: Fancy Tea!

Dear Interwebz Friends, Roman & non-Roman Followers, Lovely Lurkers, and Countrymen,

Lend me your ears.

I’m working on a really fun curatorial project and I’m planning a cozy “one night only” preview.

I need an exhibition space in NYC for a total of 72 hours.

It could be a studio, an apartment, an office, a store-front, a lobby, a spare room, etc, etc. Any nice place where I could install artwork on walls.

- I need it preferably the first weekend in September.

- It needs to be easily accessible by public transit.

We have a small miniscule budget and we are properly insured.

Also, we’re nice people. We promise not to be naughty or be too much of a bother.

If you have a spare room we could use , or you have a buddy who does, please feel free to drop me a line at madamek@ymail.com.

You don't have no space? No problem! But I bet you know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody that does.


6degrees



The only questions left to ask are:
1.) Are you a "can do" or a "can don't" person? and

2.) Are you in or are you ass-out?

Friends, this is your chance to shine. Forget Charles Saatchi. The year 2010 is the year yu can become a real art hero. This is going to be... (wait for it)... LEGENDARY. *

Plus if you help me pull this off, I might just reward you with a complimentary tea at The Hotel Crillon the next time you're in Paris. (If it's good enough for Princess Di, it's good enough for you and me!)

How's that for a finder's fee?

That's what's up. E-mail me.

And most importantly, thanks for being my peeps!

*bonus cool points if you get my 'legendary' reference.

4 comments:

Alison said...

I shared this on Google Reader in hopes that someone will know someone, etc...BUT. I noticed that your email address is for "ymail" and I figured that was a typo. If it's not, ignore me.

Good luck! I hope you find a spot!

Madame K said...

Thanx Alison! It is indeed "y" mail. It's a free yahoo account like yahoo mail or rocketmail.

But clearly the folks at yahoo didn't have their thinking caps on when they rolled this one out because everyone things it's a typo for Gmail.

*deep sigh*

Camille Acey said...

Does it need to be in Manhattan? I used to live in Flux Factory (fluxfactory.org) and could send this their way. I also know people with gallery sapces/lofts/connections in Williamsburg. Lemme know!

Madame K said...

Camille-

You know me, I;m ALL about the Brooklyn! If you could sweet talk your old buddies at Flux Factory into letting us rent their gallery for a very very small fee that would be beyond awesome. Like I said. We only need it for 48-72 hours.

Ok, email me! madamek@ymail.com