Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Five Years of Bloggy Wisdom.

Maybe my jetlag is making me all goofy and euphoric, or perhaps it’s just the absolute joy of waking up in my own bed for the first time in almost a month, but I feel absolutely celebratory.


Happy 5 year blog-aversary to me!

That's right. I've been whinging for 5 whole years now. Click here to read my first, very whingey post titled: "France: Not all it's cracked up to be."

My first blog post was just dripping with disappointement in regards to France. Five years later my feelings for France aren't nearly as dramatic. What I feel now can only be described as... a light-hearted indifference.

But like I said then: At least the food is good.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Light-hearted indifference is good (and probably the best way to treat France?)

And anyway, as you said, at least the food is good!

Can't be indifferent to that?

Happy 5 year Blogaversary!

All the best

Keith

Karin B (Looking for Ballast) said...

Awwww! Happy Blogaversary, Madame K. We're glad you are here and have been writing for so long about how to become indifferent to France, lol.
;-)

Cheers!

the fly in the web said...

Five years for disappointment to turn to indifference...you're a quick worker with a forgiving nature!

Camille Acey said...

welcome home and happy blogeversary! indifference? i can relate to that! but the food here's not much good :(, so count your blessings!

Ksam said...

Give it a few more years - then it usually turns into "begrudging affection". :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Five years of blogging is quite the record. maybe after 20 years, you'll fall in love with France.